19 August 2008

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday
My Ten Things for Tuesday August 19, 2008
  1. Today I am thankful for writers bold enough to put their love for Jesus into words. My prayer is that I would always be counted among them.
  2. Today I am thankful for a long stretch of time yesterday to almost finish lesson 5 in Naturally Supernatural, my current course at Christian Leadership University
  3. Today I am thankful that God was, is and always will be. "And God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM and WHAT I AM, and I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE; and He said, You shall say this to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you!" Exodus 3:14 Amplified
  4. Today I am thankful for brilliant sunshine that has been ripening the tomatoes in our garden. What a delight to the taste buds!
  5. Today I am thankful for "The Shack" a book that cost me half a box of kleenex and more tears than I can count, and left me hungrier than ever to linger in the presence of our Lord. If you haven't read it yet, please consider doing so. For more info check The Shack Book I will soon write more about this, but still need time to process.
  6. Today I am thankful for the love of a man who truly believes both halves of the Ephesians 5 equation "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself." Ephesians 5:22-28 NIV
  7. Today I am thankful for all of the small frogs hopping around in our yard. Not only are they cute, but they eat the grasshoppers that are also trying to make themselves a home on our land.
  8. Today I am thankful that plans are coming together for a workshop I will be presenting on "Living With Alzheimer's Disease" in October. I pray that more people would open up and take advantage of the help that is available.
  9. Today I am thankful that harvest time is almost upon us. The farmers are busy checking their fields each day, making things ready, waiting for just the perfect moment to reap what was sown last spring. It is a prophetic picture of the greater harvest yet to come. But it is coming.
  10. Today I am thankful that I serve a God Who continues to teach me what it means to be thankful.

What are you thankful for today? Go to X-Box wife and join us!

4 comments:

mzzterry said...

Amen to your number six. It makes for a fantastic relationship and a very blissful life. God is good.

Your list is awsome.

Anonymous said...

I love what God said to Moses, it's something that really keeps me going. Like when Paul said he was all things to all men? God opened the sky for Isaiah because the guy was just too cynical. Then he caused a natural curiousity because he knew green stuff was scarce in the desert so Moses was bound to be interested. Makes me feel special really to know that God relates to me as an individual.

A good friend also recommended The Shack; I definitely have to get my hands on it!

I REALLY loved your post!

Tracy said...

Your list was wonderful, but I especially liked the post after that about pigs flying. God can do all things!

Peggy said...

Thank you HisFirefly for visiting me so that I could come and see your beautiful thankful list!!!

Is this a new meme? WOW ten things...that is awesome! I love the HARVEST thank you and how beautiful the thank you of your husband! That blesses me because I so wish that would be my prayer answered or least that he would allow Jesus in his hardened heart!

I'm going back to read more because you know I feel so at home!
I can't get over how much yourheader reminds me of my MN home!

Praying that you have time to finish or press ahead in your Christian Leadership University course! Blessings! and thanks!