13 December 2008

Cafe Chat Week of December 13



This week Jill asks:

What are you currently doing (or can start to do) to put the focus of Christmas on Jesus?

I find that I am able to align my heart and mind with the true reason for this holiday season when I spend time in the Word. For as John tells us in his version of the Gospel, Jesus Himself Is the Word!

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." John 1:1-5

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." John 1:14

During this season I enjoy reading the accounts of Jesus birth, my favourite being in Luke 2.

I just finshed writing out our Christmas cards and we have made a tradition of asking the Lord to give us a scripture to declare over each of our friends and to write inside their card. This way we can all be blessed by His truth!

My prayer for all of you is that you remain firmly rooted and grounded in His love, and that this season draws you ever closer to the heart of Jesus.

2 comments:

Sweet Magnolias Farm said...

I love how you and your husband ask for a special verse for each card. That is truly a wonderful Gift that I hope all those who recieve cards from you realize. It reminds me of the devotional I read each day "Jesus Calling" By: Sara Young. each day her devotion was something god spoke to her. It's an amazing devotional. May you and your hsuband have a Blessed Christmas ! Sara

Denise said...

Bless you dear.