16 May 2009

Cafe Chat Week of May 16



This week I am finally able to particpate again, and Kim asked us:


"If Fear or Finances (or any other stumbling block) were not a problem, is there something you have always wanted to do or try that you have not done? Do you think eventually you will do the thing you mentioned above? Explain your answer."


Fear has hindered me in many ways. It certainly has kept me silent many times when I know God's will is for us to speak of Him and share His love. I dream of reaching out to people in need, in all corners of the world, not only speaking of Christ's love but also being His hands and feet and showing them. I dream of preaching the Good News, so I am taking ministry courses through Christian Leadership University.


The Lord has also spoken into my spirit that I will write books that will minister and teach of His amazing love. Has fear gotten in the way of writing? You bet. The enemy persists in whispering lies into my heart, saying that no one would be interested in reading my words. I will however stand on the Word and "Submit therefore to God: resist the Devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7


I know my husband and I will return to Africa for a longer mission term, and we will also travel to other far places in the service of our King. My job now is to be still and wait to hear what He will say, then without hesitation, step out in radical obedience.


When I gave my heart and life to Jesus, the friends who led me to that profoundly life altering step said "Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime." What an understatement! What a wild ride! I have not yet been disappointed in that choice.

Join us at Cafe Chat and share your answer to Kim's question.

4 comments:

BritChickNY said...

I enjoyed reading of your adventures. Until you cross the ocean again, know that as you share your heart here, you are "in" the mission field.
Thank-you for your post.

Toknowhim said...

Thanks so much for sharing today, and welcome back :) Kim

sharon said...

Hello HisFirefly, welcome back! I read somewhere that courage is not the absence of fear but it is taking the step despite that fear and I would say that you are a very brave lady!

Thanks for stopping by my site...Blessings!

Rachel said...

oh yes . . . fear that emotion that steals life. It is an enemy to us all. And when I feel it encroaching upon my life I remember that it isn't rational thinking because God is with me always and will provide all I need to do what He has called me to do.

Smiles,

Rachel
www.stirringthedeep.com