15 May 2009

We plan, God laughs

On Monday I hung summer curtains outside on the clothesline. They are sheer and lacy and I knew they would dry quickly in the sun and warm breezes so even with rain in the forecast, I risked it. The fresh scent was a delight and I did indeed get them inside and folded before the clouds rolled in. I was making plans to cut the grass this week, whenever we had a day without the threat of rain, for it is growing green and tall quickly. The flowering shrub beneath the kitchen window began to bloom, asparagus were shooting up out of the ground and all the trees were displaying their new buds. The middle of May and the hope of Spring surrounded me!

I wasn't dreaming, I'm sure of it. The clean curtains are folded neatly in the linen closet, yet, this was my world as I arose this morning ---


Thoughts of mowing and planting and reading in the sun on the deck are quickly replaced with thoughts of hot soup and snuggling under an afghan with a cup of tea. Living in this part of Canada, where I know the Lord has placed me, is teaching me to "go with the flow" or is that "go with the snow"?

On April 23rd when I wrote Indecisive & Unpredictable I didn't realize that the words I wrote would still be true today.

I am thankful at the God I serve is aware and in control of all things, and all for His good purposes.

“God thunders marvelously with His voice; He does great things which we cannot comprehend. For He says to the snow, Fall on the earth; likewise He speaks to the showers and to the downpour of His mighty rains.” Job 37:5-6 Amplified

“lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding” Psalm 148:8 NIV

No comments: