07 August 2009

His Beloved

Earlier this week I penned the following in a book of encouragement I keep for my husband. I believe the words are true, not just for Rick, but for all of us who name Jesus as our Lord.

Beloved, you are, of the Lord.
His favourite.
His chosen one.

Redeemed, you were, by the Lord.
By His sacrifice.
By His blood.

Sanctified, you are, by the Lord.
By His holiness.
By His purity.

Claimed, you have been, by the Lord.
For His plans.
For His purposes.

Blessed, you are, by the Lord.
To live fruitfully.
For His glory.

But now, this is what the LORD says—he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
Isaiah 43:1

2 comments:

Marci said...

oh, that we would believe his love fully! what we could do with HIM. great post! i'm gonna post soon, you r motivating me! ;)

Lisa Lehmann @StudioJewel said...

absolutely beautiful. i know it was meant for your man...but oh so encouraging! thank you!