06 October 2009

A Higher View

Yesterday Rick and I took a break from shopping and errands and drove up to the National Park to take some autumn pictures. It was cool and cloudy but the park is lovely no matter what the weather and God's glory was on display.

As we were driving back home I had Rick stop and take this picture from the mountain. When we walk or drive down the streets of our town, we're only able to see a small area around us. Things look so different from this higher perspective. The entire region is displayed, appearing small and yet vast all at once.

What would it be like to have God's view of things? He can focus in with laser accuracy on the finest detail yet never lose sight of the big picture. He can keep the entire world in balance while still knowing each and every hair on my head.

I often pray that I would be able to see through His eyes, but somehow I think the enormity of that kind of vision would be far too much for us to handle.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV

3 comments:

FaithBarista Bonnie said...

Hi there faithful firefly ;) .. thanks for flittering over to Faith Barista and leaving some faith light in the comments.

Nice views on the photos -- and lifting thoughts to go with it. How fitting a verse of God's higher ways!

Real Life Sarah said...

Beautiful photos and thoughts! It seems I either focus on the details so much that I lose the "long view," or watch the rolling hills and miss the trees. One day, we shall see face to face...

you gotta wonder said...

Beautiful images and imagery.