30 October 2009

Shaping a heart

Recently, while sharing quiet time with my Lord, there have been numerous appearances in my spirit of a heart shaped mold, much like the one that hangs in my kitchen.

I didn't take long for me to catch on to what He was trying to share. He wants me to know that He is shaping and molding my heart.

He washes and purifies what has been sullied by the world:

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 NKJV

He takes the broken jagged pieces of my old heart, melts them in His refining fire and pours them into a mold to form what He desires, a heart that is undivided and obedient:

Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. Psalm 86:11

Let this heart beat with rhythm of His Spirit.
Let this heart reflect His glory.
Let this heart delight Him as it pour itself out in worship.
For mine shall ever be a heart redeemed.


No comments: