02 October 2009

Shift and settle

This is much to be done in this season of harvest, this season of change. Leaves that seem to have fallen all at once, crackle and snap underfoot. I process tomatoes into chili sauce, salsa, and soup. I think about baking bread.

Light arrives ever later each morning, casting His glory upon our land. I feel the house wrap around me like an embrace. My shelter. My peace. My safety net. I am home, here where God has placed me. Everything in me shifts and settles.

You've always given me breathing room, a place to get away from it all, A lifetime pass to your safe-house, an open invitation as your guest. Psalm 61:3-4 The Message

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, I LOVE this piece! I love the feeling I feel when I read your words about your home and the season. I have my own picture from my life of how that looks and feels. You wrote the words to bring it all out. Contentment, warmth, peace, fulfillment, centeredness, anchored, shelter, safety, home. And I love your phrase "shift and settle" in the changing of the season. Blessings to you!
www.candytroutman.wordpress.com