23 December 2009

Gift for Jesus


All of my gifts have been purchased, wrapped and piled beneath the tree.

Yet amid all the colour and glittering paper, there is nothing for Jesus. What can I bring to a King Who is worthy of more than I could ever imagine.

What does my Savior deserve? A trinket? A token? What do I offer to the One Who gave His life for mine?

I pondered. I prayed. I worshipped. Then faithful as always, the Holy Spirit placed His Word in my heart. I had never before considered this as a Christmas scripture, yet it perfectly states the very offering I had been searching for.

I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship. Romans 12:1 Amplified

I shall give myself back to the One Who saved me, for indeed I am no longer my own, I was bought with His blood.

I think of all the time I spend adorning the packages I give to my loved ones. This year, may I spend as much time in prayer, asking God to cleanse and purify that which has become sullied.

I am offering all that I have and all that I am, that I might be holy and wholly His.

No comments: