31 December 2009

A Year Gone By

As this year is coming to a close, I wanted to take a moment to share some memories of 2009.

In early Spring, Rick and I enjoyed a brief retreat in the Whiteshell Provincial Park in Southeastern Manitoba. We had time to connect with each other and with God as we enjoyed a cozy cabin.

Global Day of Prayer on Pentecost Sunday found us joining with the world in worship and repentance and petition. Prayers were recited in many languages as the body of Christ united.

My mother's battle with cancer began and family drew closer as we made plans to love and support her in whatever ways each of us could. Trips down to the states grew more frequent.


It was a year of bounty in our garden. Our cold storage room is filled with jars of multi coloured delights that I spent hour upon hour preparing.


It seemed that everywhere I looked there was yet another reason to praise God for His creative powers and the beauty that surrounds us.


In late Autumn we staked out the land the Lord has provided for us, anointing and blessing and burying scripture.


We raised a twelve foot cross built by a dear friend near the barn, overlooking our valley. The land is His, as we are, and I love this constant reminder.



I challenged myself to write 50,000 words in the month of November. With God's help, I completed the task.
So as another new year dawns, I will continue to seek to do the will of the One Who created heaven and earth and little old me


and I will continue to look at the world around me through eyes of faith.

May His richest blessings litter the path before you in the year to come.

1 comment:

Corinne Cunningham said...

What an amazing year, thank the Lord for so many blessings :)
Happy New Year!