13 July 2010

Savouring His glory

I grasp the moments when I can
drink them in
like tasting wine
swish them around in my mouth
to savour hints of sweet, bitter, rich.

Seems like yesterday was Christmas
snow drifts, brittle cold
and tomorrow will be yet again.

But now...

Now in the mosquitos buzz
I allow the warmth of His sun
to invade my bones
as if it could be stored
for future use
my eyes absorbing
every lick of colour
to flash back against the starkest grays
of winter.

May my voice
join the chorus of the birds
in praise to the One
Who bestows these moments,
these gifts, priceless
for His pleasure.

You own the day, you own the night; you put stars and sun in place. You laid out the four corners of earth, shaped the seasons of summer and winter.
Today I am linking my words of praise to Bridget Chumbley's One Word at a Time Carnival


and Emily at Chatting at the Sky's Tuesdays Unwrapped

11 comments:

Kathleen Overby said...

Graceful match of poem/photos. My sentiments expressed through you. Loved it. :)

Glynn said...

And what does say about the beauty of the lilies of the valley and the birds of the air? How much more he loves us. Good post.

Unknown said...

I can feel the warmth of summer and His love in your poem...thanks for sharing!

jasonS said...

Beautiful poem. Thanks Karin. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your words of praise that we might join in!

Duane Scott said...

Great photos! Very well written play of words too. :)

Southern Gal said...

Love your words of praise.

katdish said...

All these beautiful pictures make me want to get my camera out and snap a few myself. Ah, but the poetry? I'm afraid that's not a gift I have. Yours is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Great pics and poem. Thanks for sharing!

Nikole Hahn said...

Beautiful post!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

This reminds me of a book (children's, but still good for adults) by Leo Lioni called Frederick. Check it out, seriously. I think you'll love it.