05 August 2010

Thursday - Pleasantly disturbed

Random, so random my thoughts will not settle
yes.. it's bread (at least I'm using multi-grain flax bread)
yes- it's butter (and no small amount at that)
yes- it's sugar
and cinnamon.. I drift on the aroma alone, let alone the taste

Because my refrigerator was void of yogurt, my routine breakfast
partnered with sensible cereal
I have broken free
and found delight
my taste buds dance
rejoicing
and leave me wanting more

But there is yet One
Who leaves an even sweeter lingering
and ache for abundance

Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him. Psalm 34:8 The Message


Are you disturbed? Are you hungry? Stop by Duane Scott's Scribing the Journey for more tastes of Pleasantly Disturbed Thursdays and maybe some cheetos too.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Cinnamon toast! And how you turned such a simple thing into a edifying moment!

Angel @ Finding The Inspiring said...

I love cinnnamon toast too! And I love your sweet reminder that only God can fill our soul cravings. He is good. Be blessed!

Sandra Heska King said...

Drifting on His aroma . . .

Duane Scott said...

Oh yes! Break free from the oppression of having to eat a sensible breakfast!