23 October 2010

Waiting for light

The days have grown shorter almost overnight. I went to my chair for my morning appointment with God and noticed that the sky did not yet show even the faintest glimmer of light. Flipping the light switch, I grabbed a fleece throw, my journal and a pen, and settled in to hear what He would say.

Just as you are able to see in the dark by turning on lights - so too do you try to see spiritual things using natural means, like your own understanding. How much better and clearer is My revelation?

It takes patience to wait for the sun. How much harder to wait on Me to shine My light?

I know the uneasiness in your heart, little one. You want to know what I Am asking of you in these days. I need you to watch and wait and keep walking in faith.

The hardest part of that equation for you is the waiting. You hunger to move, repair, right wrongs and move ahead. The idea of doing nothing frustrates you, I know, but there is more happening than you can see.

Can you withold judgement, trusting that I see a bigger picture?

Can you simply pray into the rising of the light?

Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth Hosea 6:3 NIV

3 comments:

Amy Nabors said...

"I know the uneasiness in your heart, little one. You want to know what I Am asking of you in these days. I need you to watch and wait and keep walking in faith."

These words you wrote....exactly where I am right now. Trusting in faith. Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

It sounds like the Lord is always asking us to "watch and pray"...thanks for the insight!

Sandra Heska King said...

I love when you capture His thoughts.