29 October 2010

Window Views - Ready now

The cold came, and the wind,
loud howl
strong enough to blow away
the predicted snow.

The forecast had ushered in expectation, resignation, the dying of Autumn so that Winter may arise.

I find that in these days of reprise, my heart has prepared and settled.

Come snow. Come icy winds. Come frozen mornings.
I'm ready now.

I will find my shelter in the secret place.

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! Psalm 91:1-2 Amplified

Linking to Cassandra Frear's Moonboat Cafe - stop by and read what other's are seeing today.

8 comments:

Nikole Hahn said...

I love storms.

S. Etole said...

that's much the way it looks here ...

Unknown said...

Oh its starting to get nippy here in NY as well. Being ready for a storm is a good thing...especially since we know who can calm them!

katdish said...

It's a chilly 40 degrees here in Houston today. Brrr...

Sharon Cohen said...

This made me laugh - and then weep with melancholy. I miss the howling winds of late October as it pushes November bleak and gray across the landscape. I miss the winter snows. I am beyond ready now.

Anonymous said...

We all need our special place x

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

blessings for you.
we are fine here in south central.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Jingle Poetry Monday Potluck is open Now,
http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/10/poetry-potluck-halloween.html

Welcome Linking in any poem, join the fun today!
Hope to see you in.
an old poem works well too,