09 November 2010

Tuesdays Unwrapped - Loving support

A word, a touch, a knowing glance, all these from the man who shares my life and knows me better than anyone else who walks the earth. He is the one who grounds me by reminding me to set my focus on the rock.

When I am scattered he helps me find my centre.
When I am battered by arrows flung by the enemy, he fights for me in prayer.
He makes me believe I can be better than I think I am.

Today I am unwrapping the gift of Rick, my beloved husband, the one who reminds me to breathe in the life Christ died to grant me. My prayer is that I offer him the same.
Stop by Emily's Chatting at the Sky to see what others are unwrapping today,

5 comments:

Kathleen Overby said...

This sounds familiar. :) Fortunate you.

Nikole Hahn said...

I love hearing about strong marriages. If this world had only strong marriages, how much stronger our family base and country would be...

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

Is there a gift better than a good man?

The High Calling Community celebrates with you! :)

All's grace,
Ann Voskamp

Contributing editor @ THC

dunlizzie said...

I was reading your post through the Tuesdays Unwrapped and I couldn't help notice your profile pic. I lived in Jinja for two and a half years and my friend is the head at the Watoto Babies Home in Kampala. Just seeing your posts from that brought back so many memories although Uganda stays under your skin and close to your heart no many how many miles away you live. I am glad you got that experience. God bless and take care :)

Melissa Campbell said...

Your tribute to your husband blessed me. I wrote about my husband yesterday as well! It has taken many years, but my eyes are opening to see how his solid love for me is a gift from God, and a demonstration of God's faithful, unwavering, solid-rock love for us. He is good!

Blessings,
Melissa