01 February 2011

Reflecting light

Often when the Lord shares in my journaling time the words are not for me alone. As I post  here I pray that if  they spark something in your own life you would accept them as words for you as well.

Here is what He said as I sat watching the cold, dark sky turn toward morning.

I Am.  I Am.  I Am, the same yesterday, today and forever.

I do not shift or change.

My intentions do not vary, I Am love, Was love, will Be love eternally.  All that I do is drawn from that well.

Am I your true source?  Then all that you do should reflect Me.

Come to this well and drink, until your skin grows thin, transparent, so that the flesh gives way completely.  In so doing you will not reflect the things of the world, instead My heart will be evident as it beats in you.

Just as those who truly knew Me could see My Father - so too should people be able to know Me in you.

I was surrendered to My Father so that all would see My Father.  So I ask for your surrender so that the world will see Me.

And I know, little one, that at times, and more and more often, it seems to your natural mind that others see less and less, and you grow weary, feeling you have not accomplished what I ask of you.

Do not fear, child, for indeed you are shining in ways the mind cannot grasp, your spirit is reflecting My Spirit and touching human hearts, connecting them to heaven even while their minds don't yet understand.

Come back again and again to the well.  As you pour out come and be re-filled.

For Jesus doesn't change—yesterday, today, tomorrow, he's always totally himself. Hebrews 13:8 The Message

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful encouragement for today. Thank you, Karin.

Nikole Hahn said...

Beautiful setting in that picture. I'd look at that and think of God, too. Isn't it wonderful how His mark is on everything?

Sandra Heska King said...

Oh, this is beautiful. Soaking it up.