26 March 2011

Tribute to barn cats

While we were out of town, Pepper, the last of our barn cats disappeared.  Whether to coyote or fisher or simply wandering away, we can't be sure.

I've been thinking of the various felines who have graced our yard with thier presence, and decided to play tribute to some of them here.

Holstein
They have wandered
on padded paws
in and out of our lives

Piglet
bringing wonder,
delight and entertainment

while doing the work
of rodent control

Diesel
Some remained too wild to touch
while others
shared licks, rubs
and contented purrs 

Pepper
these are always
the most difficult

to lose



2 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

Awww. This made me sad. I've been thinking about doing a series on the cats/pets we've had over the years. Every one with their own personality. But there were so many.

Hugs to you.

Positive Thoughts said...

I need followers. Please follow my blog I will appreciate it. Thanks and God bless you.