26 May 2011

Incomplete

We are artists here.  Writers, painters, photographers.
There is a drive to create deposited within us by the One Who created all.
We hold our works in progress tenderly, seeds in our hands, in our hearts.
At times we move too quickly, impatient to see the end result.
More often, we are slow, afraid to move, build, breathe, lest we make a mistake.
Fear builds fences, gates, walls of stone, prisons.

We too are works in progress,  in the Father's hand, clay on His potter's wheel
for He, even He, takes time and care to perfect that which He creates
He is jealous for His glory and will not share it, so that He alone is the Perfector

What we shape is incomplete, by His design
we are not meant to finish the work
but in submission, in surrender, bend to His plan

So I rejoice with the others here in the imperfection of our works
as offerings of worship
and the fire that drives us on.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong 
2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NIV

Stop by Emily's to join us, the imperfect

FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG
Jamming with Bonnie today about perfectionism


8 comments:

Glynn said...

Great thoughts, Karin. The creatrive impulse is often difficult to live with -- veering from "I want it now" to "I will never be satisfied with it." I've been working over and working over a manuscript for four years - and finally this week said, "Enough!" So now I'll see what happens.

Lisa notes... said...

Those verses in 2 Corinthians are so dear to me. I so need to read them often and take them to heart that it is HIS strength, not my own. I don't want to live like this:

"More often, we are slow, afraid to move, build, breathe, lest we make a mistake."

But too often I do. Great post.

Joybird said...

I can be on the slow afraid to breathe side. Even then I love that He endows us with His creativity. FF great new header pic. The pup is so cute.

Lindsey V said...

Wow! and Yes! Seeing Him as the ultimate Creator, perfectionist gives me a SIGH that I am just longing to BE like Him, but I cannot without Him. What freedom! What an awesome perspective! Thanks so much for your insight! Truly encouraging!

Sandra Heska King said...

Longing for perfection. Knowing that His timing is perfect.

Anonymous said...

Artistic expression and creativity cannot in itself be complete--wonderful reminder. Thanks Karin.

Mommy Emily said...

oh, yes. yes and amen, sister.

Mama Mpira said...

I love this idea of creating...and that our imperfect offerings are worship which God delights in. Wonderful!