09 July 2011

Cleansing garden

I was looking through some old files and found words about a vision of a garden.  It speaks to me as much today as it did then:

I am getting lost in a vision of a garden pool. It is a place of cleansing. It is a place of lush growth. It is warm and cool at the same time. There are many shadows... but the light breaks through on the water and shines brilliantly.

The fragrances are almost overwhelming, so thick it seems like I should be able to touch them, hold them, place them in my own alabaster box.


It is a stone path that leads to the pool. Rocks and stones surround and contain the water. Flowers are floating on the surface.


The water looks so dark and deep. I want to drift, to be engulfed, to be consumed.


There are birds singing. There are angels singing. There are butterflies dancing before their creator.


I need to feel this on my skin. We should need no clothes here. We should have no need to hide before our Father or before the lover of our souls.


Let me wash in His love. Let me drown in His mercies. Let me linger in worship, in awe and in adoration.


No comments: