09 July 2011

Disconnecting

For a day or two I am pulling the plug, shutting out electronic noise. the click clack of the keyboard

The world will continue to spin, tweets will sing out even if I can't hear, status updates will scroll on though my screen will be black

I may or may not pick up a pen or choose to let my words be few as I listen instead

I will connect eye to eye, ear to ear, heart to heart, with my beloved and others the Lord has chosen

I will breathe deep, taking in each gift He offers, drinking more than my fill so that I may pour out again

As I run to His arms, know that I am in the safest of all places.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very good thing to do from time to time. Blessings to you, Karin. :)

Anonymous said...

pastures and water... sounds good to me.

floyd said...

Good for you. If our time doing this honors us and not him, it is all for nothing. This is a mature example, Thanks. Glad you won't be seeing it anytime soon...