22 December 2011

Did Mary know? Do I?


Stained glass window on the east side of the M...
Image via Wikipedia
 
Did Mary know
when the angel came
what her surrender
would accomplish?

Then Mary said, Behold, I am the handmaiden of the Lord; let it be done to me according to what you have said. And the angel left her.  Luke 1:38 Amplified

Questions will remain unasked,
unanswered
not every stop will be marked
neatly on a map
I may not know the why
but must believe that the Who
can sort out the how
and my part
the simplest and most difficult
is to say "yes"

because nothing I can imagine
can compare
and all that is good, in me
is His

according to His Word
according to His will
let it be done to me
let it be done through me


FaithBarista_Christmas_JamBadge
Jamming with Bonnie and unwrapping Jesus


also joining the others imperfect but redeemed at Emily's

 
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

David Rupert said...

It is something to ponder. I just can't imagine her thoughts, her fears and then through it all, her faith.

Sandra Heska King said...

Amen. And she said "let it be done *to* me, not *for* me. To her and through her for us and through us. If we are willing to say yes. Tough. Stuff.

enthusiastically, dawn said...

Dropping over from Bonnie's Blog Hop as well. I also wrote about Mary...Nice to meet you! Stop by when you can- Merry Christmas!

Mommy Emily said...

let it be done through me as well. oh friend, Jesus is born in you and through you... thank you so much for the beautiful e-card you sent me tonight. for loving on me. have a blessed christmas. xo

Alene said...

There is so much to learn from Mary and yet she inspires me to listen, obey, and believe. Blessings this Christmas!

Blue Cotton Memory said...

She was a wise woman who stored things away in her heart - if Shepherds appeared saying angels had told them a savior was born, if 3 wise men showed up at a house I was living in (one theory), and if God told my husband to leave with our child in the middle of the night because the King wanted to kill him - I've always wondered and wondered about what her mother's heart knew. I thought in The Passion of the Christ - I liked how they showed her story - to see her mother's heart respond to this son of hers who became our Savior.

Beautiful, mighty thoughts to ponder! Happy New Year!