13 December 2011

Praising down

It is a cloudy mid December day
I'm thankful that temperatures have behaved in an unusual fashion
rising instead of falling down.

It would not be at all strange
to have many feet of snow drifted at my door
yet there are only flurries
scattering down slowly.

I continue to unwrap Advent
counting blessings with a heart overflowing
nights I am sheltered from cold
by a heated mattress pad
a down duvet
and the arms of a devoted husband.

I am living a life I would never have known
if everything I thought I believed
had not been turned upside down
by a God Who's love was so profound
He sacrificed heaven's throne
coming down to walk among us
teaching love with every step.

My heart bows down before Him
in worship, adoration, honour
due to Him alone

So come, let us worship: bow before him,
on your knees before God,
who made us!




Joining Peter Pollock today where today's word is down






also unwrapping the gifts of the day with Emily

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful use the the theme and so much light. :) Thanks Karin.

a joyful noise said...

I love your poetry! He came down to turn us upside down! Great news!

Alise said...

So beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Funmilayo said...

nice poem, and thank God for duvets :)

MIchael Snow said...

As we bow down in adoration this Advent, may we all ask our Lord and God to show us someone who needs to hear the Story.
http://sdcougar.startlogic.com/blog/?p=155

Chuck Allen said...

This is beautiful. I especially love the part about God turning things upside down.

caryjo said...

Very carnival-oriented creative poetry. And one of the lines just made me so certain of how I feel, too... the best night rest I ever receive is in the arms of a devoted husband.