15 February 2012

Let go to hold on

I keep trying to grasp hold of time
and the intro to the old soap opera repeats in my brain
"like sand through an hourglass, so are the days of our lives"

I keep trying to grasp hold
I keep trying to
grasp
and it slips
slips faster
my fingers stretched tight
strained, tension cramping every fibre

yet in the Kingdom of my citizenship
the place that seems so twisted,
upside down
when compared to this world
I have so much to learn

for here
one must let go
to hold on

trying to grasp hold
of anything
but Him
is like attempting
to trap
the wind

and He is always
here, right here
in my hand
in my heart
no stretch, no strain

palms open

breathe
 
Sharing with Jennifer and others who see His hand moving...

 

4 comments:

Dolly@ Soul Stops said...

So beautifully true and expressed... thank you :)

Laura said...

Isn't this the way it is? The harder we try to hold on, the more it slips through our fingers. Yet...when we open our hand to God...this is when the moment plump up with life and beauty. Found some beauty here. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

time is getting faster every day ;-)

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Living life with palms open is Christ-honoring, God-trusting living.

Thank you for linking, friend.