02 March 2012

Accepting the ache

Today I'm joining Lisa-Jo at The Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday where she asks to:
Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
The prompt for today is ache --

Too many years of inactivity have left me in a state.
I am stiff and find places that I didn’t know existed until they began to hurt.
But the last few months I have slowly begun working my way back to fitness.
All that I used to know from my past life as a personal trainer and instructor comes flooding back in waves.
Yes, I know that muscle and I even know why the pain is there

My knees are weak, torn-up, and yet I press in and continue on for the moving is what will eventually help them back to health.

Is this any different from the times I subject my heart to the ache of loving
fully aware that the ache itself spurs me on to deeper love?

I am open inside, the way He created me
more raw than these tendons and sinews
the hurts come easy
leaving holes where He pours out.




To read posts by other bloggers or add your own to the mix - stop by Lisa-Jo's



 

2 comments:

kathy said...

Wonderful post, thanks for the words you share.

Jessie Gunderson said...

Beautiful picture at the top of your blog. Is it sunrise or sunset?