28 May 2012

Hiking Through by Paul Stutzman


The publisher's information page about Hiking Through: One Man's Journey to Peace and Freedom on the Appalachian Trail by Paul Stutzman left me curious enough to want to read the book:
A life-changing journey begins with a single step.

After Paul Stutzman lost his wife to breast cancer, he sensed a tug on his heart--the call to a challenge, the call to pursue a dream. With a mixture of dread and determination, Paul left his job, traveled to Georgia, and took his first steps on the Appalachian Trail.

In Hiking Through, you'll join Paul on his remarkable 2,176-mile trip through fourteen states in search of peace and a renewed sense of purpose.
I was surprised and delighted by Paul's sense of humor, his keen eye, his humility and his love for the Lord.  He was able to share his doubts, fears and sometimes shaky faith in a way that moved and inspired me.

Paul invites us into the heart of his experience, so much so that I almost thought I felt the rain drenching me, the pains in my legs and the glorious breezes.  I almost wished I had the stamina and conditioning to join the adventure!

Even if you've never thought of hiking or other endurance adventures you will find much to enjoy in Paul's account of his time spent Hiking Through.

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

The opinions I have expressed are my own.
 

No comments: