25 October 2012

Grace by Max Lucado

The world we live in is harsh.  It is impossible to measure up, to be good enough.  We fall short again and again.  I need grace. You need grace. Each and every one of us need grace.

In Grace More Than We Deserve, Greater Than We Imagine Max Lucado speaks of how grace changes us.

The easy to read style that Lucado is known for betrays the depth of the subject as my heart was tickled, touched and split wide open.  I feel as if I am inside the well known stories he shares:

Within a few moments the courtyard was empty. Jesus, the woman, her critics - they all left. But let's linger. Look at the rocks on the ground, abandoned and unused. And look at the scribbling in the dust. It's the only sermon Jesus ever wrote. Even though we don't know the words, I'm wondering if they read like this:
Grace happens here.
This is a volume that will remain close at hand so I can refer to it often.  I will quote from it's pages to encourage others.  I believe that you will do the same.


Book has been provided courtesy of Thomas Nelson and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Thomas Nelson.

 

No comments: