30 May 2013

All for His glory

The day between the rains dawned cool
the road through the park wore a cloak of fog, thickening
the only way to reach our destination
was through
so mile by mile we trusted
pressed in, moved on
and found the sun

After an afternoon of errands
goals accomplished
laughter, conversation and a meal shared
we turned for home
driving into the bright of the skies
as again clouds drew themselves close together
Back in the park
there was no fog to mask His beauty
how He picks colours
to blend into a perfection
all other artists
simply imitate
As we drove the last road home
I found myself
awed to a surrendering point
praying to remember
with all I speak, or write, or do
I am not the centre
this world is not of me, or for me
but always all and only
for His glory
Let the name of the Lord be praised,
both now and forevermore.
From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,
 the name of the Lord is to be praised.
The Lord is exalted over all the nations,
 his glory above the heavens.


walking with Emily and the broken redeemed

 

1 comment:

Mommy Emily said...

yes. always and only for HIS glory. amen.