24 May 2013

View from my heart

April began cold and snowy, clouds covered the sun.  As the days moved through, mom passed from life to death.  And the snow fell again.

There were acts of terrorism, lives lost in Boston, explosions in Texas.  One thing flowed into the next.

And I thought like Job, I will yet praise Him.

Ice blew in on the lake and devastated summer cottages and year round homes.  The breath taking power of nature on display.

Nature roared again, in tornado winds that took lives and changed lives forever in Oklahoma. I wondered why I was growing numb.

In these parts there have been horrific highway encounters between cars and semis, more loss, more devastation.  Yesterday, in town, the roads were blocked by fire trucks, ambulances and police cars, the scene shrouded with cloths and my heart cracked to let the tears flow.

The view from here is jagged, hard, dark and sharp.  Life does not appear to be  a safe place.

But still my heart sees colour, bright, pure, shining.  Because He never changes, and His truth is more real than what I see.  I will grab hold of that in the centre of these clouds.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8 NIV

Five Minute Friday joining Lisa-Jo talking about view

and abiding with Cheryl

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm visiting from Five Minute Friday. This is beautiful, and a good reminder to focus on His faithfulness. Thanks for sharing!
Jen :)

diana said...

It's the networked blogs link that won't let me in here. I googled you and came directly and here I am. :>)

Denise said...

Amen, hanging tightly to the hem of His garment.

Unknown said...

I can only say with Paul that the suffering we go through now is nothing in comparison to the glory that is awaiting us when we will be finally home forever with our Lord Jesus.
Much love from FMF
Mia

mytoesareblue said...

"life does not appear to be a safe place'...this is the place where I am right now. I'm striving and struggling to hold on to him, but my heart is full of so much WHY...so much heartbreak and destruction and i find myself fighting against growing numb. Thank you for the reminder that HE is in control, there are moments of light in the darkness.