04 June 2014

break out

I feel like
the colour pushing
against the green
anxious for the break out
curled in tight, hidden
fed by the roots
but thirsty for light

there is pain mingled 
joy in the waiting 
then reaching
the deep 
breathing stretch
toward new life

Meanwhile, friends, wait patiently for the Master’s Arrival. 
You see farmers do this all the time, 
waiting for their valuable crops to mature, 
patiently letting the rain do its slow but sure work. 
Be patient like that. Stay steady and strong. 
The Master could arrive at any time.


walking with Emily imperfect but beloved

 

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

Your poem and the verse are a perfect pair!

Lisa notes... said...

Such a perfect post for me to see this week. I'm memorizing John 15:1-2: "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser..." Green has been on my mind a lot. :) Beautiful picture and words here.