08 July 2014

learn to learn

I know that
life will slow
time will come
and linger
and I will sit
with words, enveloped
snuggled in

but for just now
those moments
belong to all
I have surrendered

fighting for peace
steals my peace
as I learn to learn
to find stillness
in the rush

For everything there is a season,
    a time for every activity under heaven.
 A time to be born and a time to die.
    A time to plant and a time to harvest.
 A time to kill and a time to heal.
    A time to tear down and a time to build up.
 A time to cry and a time to laugh.
    A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
    A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
 A time to search and a time to quit searching.
    A time to keep and a time to throw away.
 A time to tear and a time to mend.
    A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
 A time to love and a time to hate.
    A time for war and a time for peace.
 

No comments: