16 October 2015

flexible strength

In the quiet hours
the Lord shared His recipe
for flexibility---

My desire is that you would make much of Me
Am I not big enough to carry all that concerns you?
I carry you, all of you, large and small
I see - do not doubt my vision
As you surrender I can move you easily
according to My will

Think of the pasta you cooked yesterday
when it is raw it is hard, sharp, brittle
if you try in any way to change its shape
it snaps, shatters, breaks
but once submitted to the water
it softens in surrender

Yet in that same softness
it becomes unbreakable

Can you allow Me to do as I will?
beyond your tiny understanding
even when the waters are hot and painful?
Even when you fear you won't be able to breathe
in the abundance of heavy steam?

Breathe in Me
I Am always the safest place
even when I Am transforming you

Continue to bathe and soak in Me
lest you grow hard again

“And I will bring the third part through the fire,
 Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. 
They will call on My name, And I will listen and answer them; 
I will say, ‘They are My people,’ 
And they will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’” 


 

2 comments:

Denise said...

awesome post

Diwakar said...

Hello sister in the Lord. I am so blessed to know you thorugh your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed by your post on Flexible Strength. What an analogy of nuddles and its application to our being shaped. I am from Mumbai, India and have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ tobring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We ould love to have you and your husband Rick come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time or send your grown up children or grand children to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure it will be a life changing experience for them. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. Recently I was in Calgary, Canada to our son and his wife who are settled over there. It would be a great thing to visit you God willing next year if I happyen to come and visit our son and his wife. God's richest blessings on you.